It is Mansfield and Sutton Astronomical Society’s duty, so far as is reasonably practicable to:-
- Provide and maintain the premises and astronomical equipment in a safe manner.
- Provide writted procedures describing the necessary actions required to minimise risk to members and visitors.
- Monitor the effectiveness of health and safety provisions within the Society by regularly conducting and reviewing internal audits.
- All Procedures are designed to highlight and minimise risk of health and safety matters; they are approved by the committee and controlled and issued by the Observatory Director or Deputy. Controlling documents – risk assessments, Observatory log book, accident report book and inspection/testing appendices shall be reviewed on a monthly basis by the committee.
- It is equally a duty for everyone engaged in Society activities both on and off site to exercise responsibility and due care in the prevention of injury and ill health to themselves and to others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- No person shall intentionally interfere with or misuse anything provided by the Society in the interests of health, safety and welfare.
Members of the Society must:
- Report any incident or accident in the accident book and inform any member of the committee as soon as possible.
- Report any concerns relating to the safety of equipment or premises by completing the appropriate log book.
- Not permit access to the premises or use of equipment by themselves or by visitors if they have any doubts regarding its safety.
- Adhere to the written procedures.