£3.1 Million Contribution Towards our Science Discovery Centre and Planetarium Secured

We are delighted to announce that we have secured a £3.1 million contribution to our science discovery centre and planetarium project from the Levelling Up Round 2 fund. 

Securing the Levelling Up contribution marks an important milestone in the project journey. Subject to securing the matched funding and planning permission work can start on the development in the middle of this year meaning that the new centre will be open and fully operational by our ideal timeframe of autumn 2024. The centre will be a jewel in the crown of the local visitor economy that will help put this area on the map.  It will play a key role in presenting STEM subjects in an exciting and hands-on way to raise awareness of the opportunities a STEM career can unlock.

Together with contributions from other sources we now have 85% of the funding that we need to start construction. We are seeking support from businesses across the region to help us to raise the remaining 15%.  Sponsorship could be in the form of financial contributions, donation of materials, or work in kind. If you would like to offer corporate support, please contact Steve at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information. 

If you would like to make a personal donation, please go to this link: https://www.totalgiving.co.uk/appeal/sciencediscoverycentre

100% of all contributions go directly to the project.