Sherwood Observatory: The ultimate destination for stargazers
Do you have a passion for astronomy? Do you want to see the wonders of the universe up close?
Then you need to book a group visit to Sherwood Observatory, the best place to experience the night sky in all its glory.
Whether you are a group of Brownies, Scouts, Cadets, WI, or celebrating a special occasion, we have something for everyone.
Our group visiting season is from late September to March, and our enthusiastic and expert society members will make sure you have a blast.
Here’s what you’ll get from your group visit
- A captivating talk in the lecture room that will spark your curiosity and
- A chance to ask anything you want to know about space and beyond
- A sneak peek at the dome and the main telescope, our pride and joy
- A thrilling opportunity to gaze at the stars and planets, if the weather is on our side!
- A 90-minute adventure that you’ll never forget
- Please wrap up warm as the dome can be cold
- For uniformed groups, we can cover topics that will help you earn badges.
We want everyone to enjoy our facility, but please be aware that using the main telescope involves climbing some steps.
If that’s not an option for some of your group members, don’t worry - we have smaller scopes outside that can also show you amazing sights.
If you have any special needs or worries, please tell us and we will do our best to help you.
Special occasions and adult visits are £65 for up to 35 people*.
Uniformed and youth visits are £45 for up to 30 children/young adults and 3 leaders
*Extra adults can join for £6 each, up to a maximum of 5.